Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Picture is Worth 2 Words

I went to the doctor in mid-December, about a week before Christmas.  I had taken a "stick" test, and it had come back positive.  So, I was in the doctors to confirm a pregnancy, have a little check in, and go about my merry way.  I had a lovely visit with the doctor, and then headed to the ultrasound room for a little lookey-loo at this new little life that was growing in my belly.

and this is what I saw...







For those of you with ultrasound viewing experience, you know that this picture is not the norm.  Did the "A" and "B" give it away?

Comment by ultrasound tech: "Oh my gosh - we've got twins!"

Simultaneous whispered comment by me as I felt all the blood rush out of my face: "Oh sh*&."
(Pardon my french, figured might as well leave all the true details in)

Ultrasound tech, "This is so exciting!  (Pause) You don't look so good - do you need to lay back a little more?"

Me (tears starting to flow a bit): "You don't understand. I already have some of those, plus a single one.  We don't need any more doubles.....And, yes I do think I need to lie down more."

For the rest of the ultrasound, while she measured and took pictures and handed me Kleenex, I laid there crying and slowly freaking out.  I am sure the tech thought I was a complete basket case - which at that moment I was.

Apparently after the doctors office, I went and had my blood drawn, called my husband (a whole other story), drove myself home, paid a babysitter, and started dinner.  I pretty much can't remember any of it.

So, that is how the next very interesting chapter of our lives has begun.....stay tuned to hear how things have progressed since this first life-changing belly pic :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Well at least you guys know how this twin thing works plus you've got some extra helpers this time around. Congratulations! I hope this pregnancy goes smoothly.

    Amy E

    ReplyDelete