Tuesday, March 22, 2011

That's What He Said

Many of you have been wondering what the hubby's reaction to the whole twin business was.  As you can read here, I was solo on the "Ultrasound of Great Surprise" as I have now coined it.  There was no reason for him to be there - it was just a routine check-in on the pregnancy - no big deal. (ha, ha - jokes on us apparently)

So, after my 30 minutes of shock including being consoled by the ultrasound tech and doctor, having my blood drawn (which I barely remember), and walking back to the car, I decided it was time to call my husband.

Now, before I share our conversation, let me tell you that L had been harassing me a bit about there being twins.  Once the stick test came back positive, he would drop little comments like "I think there are 2 in there." or "What if there are 2?" just to get a rise out of me.  Oh, if only he had known.....

"Hey!  How'd it go?  Is there a baby in there?"

"Oh yeah, there's a baby in there.  Actually.............there are 2."

"What?"

"I said there are 2."

Long pause...."You're joking right?"

"No, I'm not joking.  Do I sound like I'm joking? I just spent the last 45 minutes crying in the ultrasound room and getting my blood drawn and I hardly remember any of it.  I am definitely not joking."

"You're pulling my leg right?"

"No, I'm telling you there are 2 babies in there. I'm too freaked out to be joking with you."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

"Oh s&$*."

Apparently about 15 minutes after our phone call, L was walking down the hall in his office when he spontaneously said the F-word out loud.  One of his employees said, "Lee - are you ok?"  He nodded and said "Yeah, why?"  She said, "You just said the F word."  He apparently had no idea he was spontaneously cussing in his office hallway.  He told his employee nothing was wrong, but I knew what he was thinking about...... :)

Side note - I don't want any of you to think L and I are complete potty-mouths, especially since 2 out of my first 3 posts have involved words of ill-repute.  But, we are dealing with some unique circumstances which have brought out some unique characteristics in us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment